Identifying the right shopping cart template for your business can be a daunting task. Keep in mind that using the wrong template will lead to high cart abandonment by your clients. It also drives away clients that would have liked to shop with you again.
Fortunately, the shopping carts in use today provide solutions that go past product storage. You are likely to come across advanced features like access to various payment platforms, discount options, as well as sleek designs.
Shopping Cart Template Free: How Do You Select a Good Free Shopping Cart?
Modern shopping cart plugins have made it possible for a store owner to sell goods—both physical goods and digital downloads—in their e-commerce stores. Even though each store has its own unique needs, certain features should be present in each plugin:
- Payment platforms: the plugin should provide support for the top payment platforms like Stripe or PayPal. A user should be given the option of selecting their preferred payment gateway. This will increase the number of transactions.
- Compatibility: aesthetics aside, you need a shopping cart that is compatible with your current website theme.
- Customizable: the plugin should easily fit in with your current site design. You should go for a shopping cart offering broad customizable options.
- Intuitive interface: users need an interface that is easy to use. This will make the checkout process hassle-free, and also helps increase your conversion rates.
Which Free Shopping Cart Templates Should You Consider?
The following are some of the best free shopping cart templates that also work with all types of themes:
It is currently considered as the leading e-commerce plugin that can be used with any theme. It makes it possible for a store owner to sell affiliate, physical, and digital products. Additionally, the store can either choose to set flat or free shipping rates with each product that is purchased at the store.
Its features include:
- Seamless integration with any service
- Provides multiple payment gateways, which include bank transfers and PayPal.
- It supports calculations on a real-time basis
E-commerce Shopping Cart
It is recommended for stores using the WordPress themes. It has allowed the sale of gift cards, physical goods, and digital downloads.
Its key features include:
- Powerful analytical functionality
- Supports multiple payment gateways
- Offers B2B pricing as well as tiered pricing
The success of your online store will depend on the kind of experience that your users have when checking out their goods. Therefore, focus on finding a shopping cart that can provide excellent user experience.